ADSM-L

Re: Problem with backup DB2 V5.2 using ADSM 3.1 on AIX 4.3

1999-10-07 08:36:38
Subject: Re: Problem with backup DB2 V5.2 using ADSM 3.1 on AIX 4.3
From: Bacchi Matt VENDOR <v2bacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:36:38 -0400
Jef,
        We had a similar problem, and the culprit turned out to be an
incorrect version of the libadsm.a library.  It was found later that some
level of ADSM Version 2 was installed on the system prior to installing the
ADSM Version 3 API client (adsm.api.client.aix42).  Unfortunately it wasn't
uninstalled first, and we had conflicts because of that.  List the ADSM
program products that are installed(lslpp -l "adsm*") and if you find anything
at Version 2, remove it.  We actually had to do a clean install of the Version
3 API client, and even went as far as to rename all the "libadsm.a" files that
were sitting around, just in case they were being used instead of the correct
library.  Once we did that a successful backup was achieved.

Hope this is helpful.

-Matt
>Hi!
>Hi!
>
>I have come accross a problem backing up a DB2 database. A customer of ours
>is trying to backup DB2 V5.2 using ADSM 3.1 on AIX 4.3
>This results in:
>
>SQL2062N  An error occurred while accessing media
>"/home/db2inst1/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a".  Reason code: "185".
>
>Now I've seen postings on this exact message in ADSM.ORG, but no solution
>was offered. I'm a bit at lost, because I'm not familiar with ADSM, nor do I
>know that much about AIX. I did learn that the message might imply that the
>database files are not included by the in/exclude list.
>
>My main question is "Where can I find this in/exclude list"?
>
>Thank you for your help :)
>

>Jef Jakobs

Matt Bacchi                              mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
IBM Global Services                    v2bacchi AT btv.ibm DOT com
D54V Server Infrastructure
ADSM & AFS/DFS Backup