ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - Informix DB Migration ?

1999-10-06 18:08:00
Subject: Re: ADSM - Informix DB Migration ?
From: "Vraspir, Mary J." <MJVraspir AT WEST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 17:08:00 -0500
My experience is with AIX using the ADSM api for informix
The backup is treated as a single continuation. ADSM requests a new tape as
the previous one becomes full.
We struggled with server performance for quite some time  backing up to disk
as our disk pool is only 25G, backups are 19+G
and migration of that client's data would commence during the backup. We
have not figured out how/why the ADSM informix API backups will not
 wait for a tape mount nor will it try to write to the disk pool if it's
estimated backup size exceeds the available disk pool space.
We now go directly to tape.  Maybe not quite as efficient as writing to
disk, but backups now wait for a tape mount.
MV