ADSM-L

Maintain ADSM database

2015-10-04 17:38:06
Subject: Maintain ADSM database
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello fellow ADSM'ers

I am currently in the process of testing and installing ADSM version 3.1 in
an NT environment. I am using an IBM 3447 DLT library with 10 slots and 2
tape-drives. Assume that I have all the diskspace, tapedrives and tape that
I need.

Migrating from a backup system where you are able to merge old tapes into
the database - I am a little concerned that I do not find this feature in
ADSM. Well having 10 other Oracle DB to maintain one DB more or less ...but
anyway, am I right that this function does not exist ? If I am right, then I
have to maintain a DB which holds 10 versions of daily backup, a number of
monthly backup (at least 12) and 5 yearend backup.

Second question: I would like to place a FULL backup in my firesafe every
day. Is it possible to make a "FULL backup" to a COPYPOOL ?

Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Birger Ulbrink
Network Administration

METRO Engroslager Danmark K/S
IT Afdelingen / IT Department
Ejby Industrivej 111 / DK-2600 Glostrup / Danmark

Phone:          + 45 43 46 77 00
Phone direct:   + 45 43 46 78 19
Fax:            + 45 43 63 77 03
Email:          birger.ulbrink AT metro DOT dk <birger.ulbrink AT metro DOT dk>