ADSM-L

backup adsm tapes

1999-10-05 22:39:33
Subject: backup adsm tapes
From: Julie Xu <j.xu AT UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 13:39:33 +1100
Dear all,

I have adsm v3 server and about 40 nodes. the policy of backup is all the
node incrementally backup every night. The primery storage is disk 3Gb and
next storage is tape.

For the disaster recovery purpose, I fully backup database daily. I has
been asked to backup data storage pool and put offside.

My problem is I only have one 3590tape drive, how I can copy
tapepool to backuppool incrementally? Can I backup next storage?

If I backup diskpool (primery storage), do I will lost some data because
the migration may happen??

However, Is any way I can backup the data with only one 3590tape drive
exit?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu