ADSM-L

Re: Lost copypool tape

1999-10-05 17:02:24
Subject: Re: Lost copypool tape
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:02:24 -0400
When dealing with a copy pool volume, if you run delete volume
discarddata=yes, the next time you backup that storage pool, the files on
the deleted volume will be re-copyied.  With move data, adsm will mount
the primary volumes and copy the data to a new copy pool volume at that
time.  IMHO, the delete/backup is faster than move data.

I don't see where marking it as destroyed serves much purpose, as I don't
know if what Mark says below is true (and it very well could be).  Once
you delete the volume, it becomes a scratch tape, so if you find that
tape in the future, you can just reuse it.

Hope this helps,

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Remeta, Mark wrote:
> I think if you mark it destroyed, the next time you do a storage pool backup
> from your primary storage pool to the copy storage pool the data that was on
> the tape you marked destroyed will be re copied to a different volume in the
> copy storage pool....

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,