ADSM-L

Reclamation problem

1999-10-05 14:52:38
Subject: Reclamation problem
From: Lisa Baas <lbaas AT MSAC.MTSAC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:52:38 -0700
I hope this isn't a faq, but I've looked everywhere for an answer and
searching the list archives is painfully slow...

ADSM/VM V2

I'm trying to run a reclamation process for the first time. The process
starts, puts out some messages about the required tapes and starts the exit
machines. Then a mount request fails because no data is passed to the exit
machine. Here are the messages:

ANR1040I Space reclamation started for volume 002353, storage pool ..
(process number ..)
ANR1044I Removable volume 002353 is required for space reclamation.
ANR5216I CARTRIDGE 002353 is expected to be mounted (R/O).
ANR1142I Moving data for ... on volume 002353
ANR5230I 001: Starting Exit Machine ... to mount CARTRIDGE 002031
ANR5204I AUTO LOGON ***  ...
ANR5230I 002: Starting Exit Machine ... to mount CARTRIDGE 002353
ANR5204I AUTO LOGON ***  ...
.
.
ANR5241E Exit Machine ... not logged on, mount for 002353 cancelled.

The first exit machine logon produces a mount request for the correct tape.
The second exit machine logs off immediately without requesting any tapes. A
trace from the exit machine shows that no parms were passed from the server.
Have I missed something in my configuration? I just upgraded from v1 to v2
but reclamation wasn't working for me in v1 either.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

/lisa