ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7

1999-10-04 12:00:18
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7
From: Michael Abel <Michael.Abel AT RESNOVA DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:00:18 +0200
Daniel,

that multisession client only works for the backup, not for the restore...
Not that I will not like or use that feature, but we all try to improve our
restore times, don't we!

So besides the fact that Tivoli Storage Manager 3.7 brings a lot of new
functions that one should be enhanced in future releases to become really
usable for all of us. [<- personal opinion]

Regards,
Michael

                    Daniel
                    Whicker              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <heimdall@MAI        cc:
                    L.ORG>               Subject:     Re: TSM 3.7
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    04.10.99
                    14:49
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

At 07:29 AM 10/4/99 , you wrote:
>Hi Tom!
>You are right!
>TSM's first level will be 3.7.1. You will need a new license for it!
>Kindest regards,
>Eric van Loon

 From the infromation that was stated on the last conference call, and from
my sales rep, TSM 3.7 is simply considered an upgrade if you already owned
V3...

(Multistreamed clients! woohoo!)

-Daniel
                Daniel Whicker  (heimdall AT mail DOT org)