ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7

1999-10-04 11:57:33
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7
From: Michael Abel <Michael.Abel AT RESNOVA DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:57:33 +0200
Tom,

since the product now is "fully" owned by Tivoli they try to bring the
version numbering in line with their other products. So we "jump" from 3.1
to 3.7 in order to have the same versions and releases as e.g. Tivoli
Framework, Software Distribution etc.

BTW: AFAIK the official name is "Tivoli Storage Manager 3.7" and _not_
TSM!!! And be aware that there is also the term "Tivoli Storage Management
Solution" indicating that TSM (excuse me), Tivoli Storage Manager is part
of a product range covering all(?) aspects of Storage Management.

So besides new functionality we got at least new names, right? ;-)

Regards,
Michael

                    Tom Haddad
                    <thaddad@COLUMBIAENERGY        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    GROUP.COM>                     cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist           Subject:     TSM 3.7
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    04.10.99 14:10
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Is my understanding correct...

Im running ADSM v3.1 for AIX  and now the newest 3.x level is 3.7 under the
Tivoli Storage Management name (TSM)??
So the first level under the TSM name is TSM 3.7??!!