ADSM-L

ADSM Mounting/Dismounting same tapes

1999-10-04 08:39:02
Subject: ADSM Mounting/Dismounting same tapes
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 07:39:02 -0500
We have a group of 10 NT File Servers (ADSM Client Version 2) which do a
monthly archive.   We recently installed ADSM Version 3 server for VM.  The
monthly archive for these machines began on September 28th, but ADSM kept
mounting a particular tape volume and dismounting it immediately.  Sometimes
we saw the "reached end of file" message sometimes not.  Then a second tape
would be mounted and the two tapes would continue to be mounted and
dismounted over and over again in rapid succession.  We've increased the
mount limit with no success.  We also increased the window for starting the
archives to 48 hours.  We did notice that the cache hit percent is down to
80.

Has anyone seen anything similar to this?  We intend to increase the buffer
pool size.  Could this have anything to do with this?  Any thoughts or
suggestions would be appreciated.