ADSM-L

Re: Point in time restore

1999-10-04 04:49:40
Subject: Re: Point in time restore
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:49:40 +0200
Hi Rajesh,

I've experienced this as well on WinNT clients and AIX running 3.1.0.6 code.

Do a restore with the command line with the -pick option and you will most
probably see the stuff that is missing when using the GUI. This is the first
time that I see somebody mentioning it on the list - that is why I haven't
got IBM to look at it - seeing that there is a work-around for it.

Regards
Christo Heuer

> I need some help to troubleshoot a problem.
> When I try to do a point in time restore using the Windows GUI, many of my
Folders are missing in the restore window. It seems as if those folders were
not backed up or not present at that particular time and this is not true.
We backup that Server everyday.