ADSM-L

Re: Two server with the same database ??

1999-10-01 15:00:41
Subject: Re: Two server with the same database ??
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:00:41 -0500
Roger,

I'm curious...

We have a similar setup. e.g. two Rs/6000 with HACMP. The network adaptors
fail over fine, the SSA fails over without a problem.

However we have a problem failing over the drives on the 3494. Our 3494 is
split into two logical libraries with 16drives. 8 drives available to each
server.
The 3590 drives are dual ported allowing us to fail them over from one ADSM
Server to another. This works fine provided that the there is no I/O
activity during the failover. If however there is activity then the drive
does not failover because the SCSI bus does not reset.

How were you able to overcome this?

Nathan