ADSM-L

Re: Read: 0 Byte files

1999-09-30 13:17:26
Subject: Re: Read: 0 Byte files
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:17:26 -0400
At 02:57 PM 9/30/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Attachment Converted: "C:\data\Mail\winmail25.dat"

I keep getting messages from folks that are empty except for an attachment
called winmail<xx>.dat, where <xx> is some number.  My mail reader can't
handle these messages.  When I open them up with an editor and pore through
the strings, it is all gibberish.  At the risk of living in the Dark Ages:

Can anyone give me pointers to interpreting these files?

Can originators of these messages send ASCII text?

Thanks,
Rich

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203