ADSM-L

Mail acknowlegements

1999-09-30 11:24:43
Subject: Mail acknowlegements
From: Martha McConaghy <URMMNET AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:24:43 EDT
If you are using Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes or other e-mail system
that uses e-mail acknowlegements, TURN THEM OFF!  Suddenly, we are getting
a rash of acks being sent back to the ADSM-L list, which are then
being posted.  Therefore, everytime you read a note from ADSM-L, you
are generating a note back to the list, even if you are not aware of it.
I'm getting numerous complaints about this.  If it continues, I'm going
to have to bounce people from the list in order to stop it.

Martha McConaghy - ADSM-L list owner