ADSM-L

Re: Damaged tape?

1999-09-30 11:10:18
Subject: Re: Damaged tape?
From: Ken Chamberlain <ken.chamberlain AT UTORONTO DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:10:18 -0400
Actually we found out later the cartridge was damaged.  There are two little
plastic tabs on a 3590 cartridge, one of which was missing.  We are in the
process of trying to repair the cartridge, but this whole exercise has
brought up another question.
   This tape was a volume in a copy pool.  The volume was offsite
(access=offsite), became empty and was in the process of being checked in
when all this started.  The question is: How does one remove an empty,
offsite copy pool volume from ADSM?   "Update volume access=damaged" is
restricted to primary pool volumes.  "Delete volume" fails since status is
offsite.

> Date:    Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:26:28 -0400
> From:    Nick Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
> Subject: Re: Damaged Tape?
>
> I've had some of the same problems, and I had to re DSMLabel (or "LABEL
LIBVOL"