ADSM-L

Re: Users cannot access their data

1999-09-30 09:57:11
Subject: Re: Users cannot access their data
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:57:11 +0200
At 09:13 30.09.99 -0400, Richard Sims wrote:
>Since the files are owned by the users and root is simply the one
>doing the backups, it is unclear why you are using sudo for the
>users to see the files in restorals.  In any case, be aware that
>sudo is similar to but not exactly the same as performing an
>operation via 'su', as those of us using sudo for root operations
>quickly learn when filesize limits cannot be had the same as when
>doing 'su' or a root login.  Pick one of those problem usernames
>and try an 'su' as compared with 'sudo' results.  You may have
>some problem beyond that, but be aware of sudo limitations.

It's the same behavior using sudo or su. I just discovered
some users who only see a part of their files but not all.
The files have the ownership of the users but they can not be
seen using "dsmc q backup". As root I can see all of the files.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de
Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470
Albrechtstr. 28
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany