ADSM-L

Re: DLT Tapes

1999-09-29 14:43:43
Subject: Re: DLT Tapes
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:43:43 -0700
Most of our DLT tapes are FUJI, We've been using them for over 2 1/2 years and
have only had
one tape actually go bad. We have experienced several tapes being marked
unavailable or read only
due to read or write errors. But it looks like these were hardware errors, and
occurred few and far between.
The tapes were reused with test data serveral times without error, then placed
back into service with no
further problems.