ADSM-L

Backing up Microsoft Cluster Servers

1999-09-29 14:12:11
Subject: Backing up Microsoft Cluster Servers
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:12:11 -0400
We are attempting to backup a MSCS. Using the readme for the 3.1.0.7 client
I successfully installed the client and set up the services for the 2
servers and 1 cluster. When the service for the cluster runs, we get message
ANR1151E saying that the specified drive is not a cluster drive, even though
it is. I found APAR IC24508 open that addresses this error.

What we need is if anyone has a workaround for this? I thought about
including the drive letters on the server that owns the drives, but when the
drives are switched, it owuld take a manual effort to keep the backups
running. Plus the 'same' files would be in filespaces in 2 different nodes.
Would be a real PITA trying to do a restore and guessing which node has the
backup version you want.

TIA,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.