ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 7

1999-09-29 10:23:00
Subject: Re: Solaris 7
From: Rodrigo Gazzaneo <rodrigo_gazzaneo AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:23:00 EST
Hi,

Sun has very good hardware (got it from Cray!), but Solaris is not the best
Unix on the market (according to D.H. Brown).

As for Veritas Netbackup, I once saw some benchmarks against ADSM. Both were
running on the same platform, Ultra 10000 with high performance tapes.
Backup time was almost as good for both the solutions. ADSM restore was 3
times faster the the other4s.

Has anyone seen this document ? I saw it last year, around november.

best regards,
Rodrigo