ADSM-L

Re: NT BACKUP FAILURE

1999-09-29 01:58:59
Subject: Re: NT BACKUP FAILURE
From: Herve Chibois <Herve.Chibois AT FR.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 07:58:59 +0200
Hi there !

Yes there are problems. According to IBM labs, you must :

stop DHCP and WINS services before saving them with ADSM or
  use automatic NT backups (twice a day if I rememer). The files involved
  are LOCKED event for reading. IBM knows that ADSM is the only backup
  solution that DOES NOT provide this functionality, but ...

From my experience :

for the registry part, use the regback and regrest command or try the
  BACKUPREGISTRY=YES in your DSM.OPT file.

  => All the profiles corresponding to logged users will be locked by NT.
       You must use one of these 2 kludges.

Hope this helps.
Rv

ghamdigs AT ARAMCO.COM DOT SA on 29/09/99 06:40:00