ADSM-L

ANR8824E Errors on 3494 with 3590E Drives

1999-09-28 13:56:28
Subject: ANR8824E Errors on 3494 with 3590E Drives
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:56:28 -0600
     We recently upgraded two 3590 drives to 3590e drives and added two
     more 3590e drives to our 3494 ATL.  Since the change we have gotten a
     ANR8824E message on four occasions.  The error causes ADSM to change
     the status of the volume it is attempting to mount to unavailable.  We
     have reported the problem to our IBM hardware maintenance people and
     they are looking at it.  I was wondering if anyone else has had a
     similar problem?  We are running the AIX version of ADSM at level
     3.1.2.40.
     Jim Sporer
     james.sporer AT doit.wisc DOT edu