ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - Netware 'Exclude' Problem

1999-09-27 01:46:03
Subject: Re: ADSM - Netware 'Exclude' Problem
From: Gary Johnson <GJOHNSO AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:46:03 +1200
Hi all,
        My thanks to those of you that responded to my request.

Our problem turned out to be simple to resolve, in hindsight.  Whenever a
volume is removed from a Netware server, the ADSM client must be "bounced".
ie. unloaded and reloaded again.  This will ensure that the ADSM client
recognises that a volume is no longer available.  We have amended our
procedures accordingly.

Hope this helps someone else.  Once again my thanks to those of you that
endeavoured to assist me in resolving our problem.

Gary Johnson
Operations Analyst  (Emergency Planning)
IT Operations
CLEAR Communications Ltd
cnr Taharoto & Northcote Roads, Takapuna,
Auckland, 1309, New Zealand.
floorzone: 2101
 phone:  (64-9)  912-4200
     DDI:  (64-9)  912-4984