ADSM-L

polling vs prompted

2015-10-04 17:39:22
Subject: polling vs prompted
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I am getting the following error in my dsmsched.log. I have the dsm.sys on
the node(s) set to prompted and tcp/ip as the commethod. On the server side
the schedule mode is also set to prompted. This node where I receive the
error on is where the adsm server resides. Our other nodes are also set to
prompted and they backup just fine. What else is there to change or check, I
have reset the server and schedule daemons with no luck.

09/23/99   10:10:33 Server prompted scheduling not supported under your
communication method.
09/23/99   10:10:33 Polling method will be used if server currently supports
it.

We are running AIX 4.3.2, PSSP 3.1, ADSM Server 3.1.2.1

TIA

Susan Wright
Lab Safety Supply