ADSM-L

Re: Library 3494 - Cleaning barcode

1999-09-22 16:32:05
Subject: Re: Library 3494 - Cleaning barcode
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:32:05 -0400
>When I received the Library 3494, 2 Cleaner cartridges came with it with
>the correct label (barcode) on them. Now I just bought 3 new cleaner
>tapes and no barcode on them ... they told me you should buy them
>separately, 1000 pieces! Does anybody of you know about programs to print
>them (Tri-Code barcode)?

Mauro - See the List archives for discussions of barcode printing routines.
        It's always best to have high-quality, commercial barcode strips
on the tapes, but it's less critical for cleaning tapes.
    As to labeling sequence: It is customary for the volsers to start
with "CLN", but the Cleaner Mask can be whatever to define at the 3494
control panel.  See its Operator Guide manual.
           Richard Sims, BU