ADSM-L

Re: offsite minus one version backup tape

1999-09-22 09:30:47
Subject: Re: offsite minus one version backup tape
From: Vanderlei Pelizer <delei AT EMAIL.MARTINS.COM DOT BR>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:30:47 -0300
From: Vanderlei Pelizer Pereira on 09/22/99 10:30 AM

Doug,

You can send me the scripts to ?

Regards

Vanderlei Pelizer

From: dagnew AT CHARLOTTEPIPE DOT COM on 22/09/99 09:05 AST

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Vanderlei Pelizer Pereira/Martins/BR)

Eric,

We're also doing it, and Tom's right, it is ugly.  I've reduced it to a
series of scripts that look for specific pools with mounted tapes and I
check them out and update the access to unavailable.  ADSM will mark the
tapes with an 'EMPTY' status and leave them unavailable once the files have
versioned off.  So, every day, I also run a command that updates all
volumes with empty status and unavailable access to readwrite access.  At
that point, ADSM will 'scratch' the tape.  The next step is to run a list
of currently 'unavailable' tapes and compare that to yesterday's list.
This generates a complete list of vault<-->onsite movements.

If you want the scripts, I'll be glad to email them to you, use at your own
risk.

Doug