ADSM-L

offsite minus one version backup tape

1999-09-21 08:41:01
Subject: offsite minus one version backup tape
From: Eric Tang <tangeric AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:41:01 +0800
Hi All,

In my environment, bascially there are 3 types of backup,
1. adsm filesystem backup,
2. archive on filesystem plus oracle archived log,
3. oracle database backup by connect agent

For 1 & 2, I think backup storage pool will be a good solution. But for item 3,
because of large databse size and number of backup retention, there involves a
large number of tapes (~900 3590 tapes), backup storage pool is not desirable.

Does anyone have an procedures to handle this kind of 'offsite minus one version
backup tape'? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Eric Tang