ADSM-L

Re: expiration hang 24 hours on 3.1.2.20

1999-09-19 01:04:54
Subject: Re: expiration hang 24 hours on 3.1.2.20
From: Leo Humar <lhumar AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:04:54 +1000
We are running 3.1.2.20 on a Windows NT server with a high performance RAID
controller.
The expiration runs twice a week and I run it before I reclaim tapes. I
can't recall any other process giving the disks such a workout. Make sure
you do not a have any disk errors.
Our DB is 4G with about 50% util and runs for about 10 minutes.

How often do you expire inventory ?
I have not seen the ratio that you are getting (678628 objects to 667424
deleted).

Version 3.1.2.40 would run longer because it does a more thorough cleanup
and free up more DB.

Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT bigpond.net DOT au

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large