ADSM-L

Re: NT restore problem...suggestions?

1999-09-17 20:01:27
Subject: Re: NT restore problem...suggestions?
From: arhoads <arhoads AT PACBELL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:01:27 -0700
Neil,

A common problem with any hierarchial filesystem is the number of files
in a single directory.  More than (256-1024, pick your number) really
slows any access down.

ADSM has to send the client the entire subdirectory structure before it
can present the pick list.

Neither of these, however, explain your wait.  I'd investigate the ADSM
server and the network for bottlenecks.

Steffan