ADSM-L

Re: Destroyed tape

1999-09-17 15:15:57
Subject: Re: Destroyed tape
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:15:57 -0400
We also keep 2 copy pools - one in the offsite vault, one on site - for some
of our ADSM storage pools.
The ones with highly reliable media, we only have the 1 copy pool offsite,
because we only need to get a tape back about twice a year.
The ones that use less reliable media, we keep a copy pool onsite for
recovering the bad primary tapes.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert