ADSM-L

Re: Copy reclamation pool

1999-09-17 11:42:37
Subject: Re: Copy reclamation pool
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:42:37 -0500
Jonathon:
        on my adsm server, I have a copypool defined on a single 8mm-tape
drive. If some volumes in the copypool needs reclaimation. I will mark it as
offsite, change of reclaim shreshold, just like what you did. Then the sever
will use a volume in the primary pool which contains the files that the
to-be-reclaimed volume contains. The following is the sever log. COPY01 is
the volume to be reclaimed. DLT013 is the volume in the primary stgpool,
which is defined on an automated DLT library.

ANR0984I Process 251 for SPACE RECLAMATION started in the BACKGROUND at
15:08:21.
ANR1040I Space reclamation started for volume COPY01, storage pool 8MM-COPY
(process number 251).
ANR1044I Removable volume DLT013 is required for space reclamation.
ANR8324I DLT volume DLT013 is expected to be mounted (R/O).
ANR8326I 030: Mount 8MM volume COPY36 R/W in drive 8MMDRIVE3 (/dev/mt0) of
library 8MM-MANUAL
within 4320 minutes.

        By looking at your server log, I am suspecting that your primary
stgpool is also defined on the 3590 drive. If that is the case, you will
definitely need to define a you can define a storage pool to be used for
reclamation using a device class with a device type of FILE:
        define stgpool reclaimpool fileclass maxscratch=100
then update your copypool with reclaimstgpool=reclaimpool. And finally
update the reclamation storage pool so that data migrates back to the tape
storage pool:
update stgpool reclaimpool nextstgpool=copypool

Jie
System and Storage Administrator
ROW Sciences Inc @NCTR FDA
phone: 870-543-7163