ADSM-L

Incremental with different include exclude files

1999-09-17 10:58:00
Subject: Incremental with different include exclude files
From: Bob Brazner <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:58:00 -0500
Thomas,

CAUTION: The excludes as you've coded them in the first incremental will cause
all files previously backed up to be immediately treated as expired, which
clearly conflicts with your goal for the second incremental.  I think you're
looking for something like exclude.dir (e.g., exclude.dir /data/data1/hrprod/
<and so on>) which just tells dsmc to bypass the entire directory leg
altogether.  The includes as you've shown them should work.  Note, the manual
is totally confusing on the subject of wildcards in directory names when using
exclude.dir.  I suggest you code 5 unique exclude.dir statements.

Bob