ADSM-L

Re: dsmsched.log and AIX&client version

1999-09-16 14:20:07
Subject: Re: dsmsched.log and AIX&client version
From: "Bohnsack, JA James (6030)" <BohnsackJA AT GVL.ESYS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:20:07 -0500
Jie--I'm not an AIX person but on VM (I am a VM person) the format of the
date can be controlled at the system level as well at the level of the
individual userid so what you are seeing may just be a difference in a
setting at the operating system level.  Check with your AIX support people
especially since the machine with the y2k patches is the one with the 2
digit year.

Also a 2 digit year is no guarantee that the date will be handled
incorrectly.  A lot of software uses a windowing technique that will
recognize a year from 00 to 70 or so as 20yy and years from 71 to 99 as
19yy.

Jim Bohnsack
Raytheon Systems Co.