ADSM-L

Re: Solaris / Adaptec compatibility

1999-09-16 04:56:31
Subject: Re: Solaris / Adaptec compatibility
From: Fredrik Lundholm <exce7 AT CE.CHALMERS DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:56:31 +0200
Hello,

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 02:41:53PM -0700, Richmond, Jeff wrote:
> All,
>
> last year), IBM did not support PCI-based SCSI cards, only Sbus. I have a

Hmm so how will ADSM sense the difference between sbus/pci?
The programming interface should remain the same between different busses,
that's what you have solaris for.

> stinks. It has an Adaptec 2944 OF Differential SCSI card (PCI, obviously).

Adaptec has abandoned solaris and the last version they support is 2.6.
So basically it's a dead end. However you could get away with a few noname
Symbios  53c875/876 cards.. I've personally stuck a Dawicontrol 53c875
card in an Ultra 10 with great success.. (~$100)
Or you could buy a Sun-card (same chipset) and be done with.

/Fredrik