ADSM-L

Re: Copy pool reclamation

1999-09-15 14:53:19
Subject: Re: Copy pool reclamation
From: Rob Schwartz <Rschwartz AT BOSCOVS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:53:19 -0400
hey johnathn...
        i've been playing with copy pools a bit lately.   our copy subpool
is for offsite purposes.    when we send a tape volume offsite and it falls
below the reclaim threshold another tape volume is mounted and copies of the
files remaining on the volume being reclaimed are copied onto the new
volume.  Bottom line, if a volume is marked offsite then that specific
volume is not used as input to the reclaimation process.  The input to the
reclaimation process is the primary pool which is related to the copy pool.
rob schwartz
boscov's dept store