ADSM-L

ADSM - Backup stops on File failures.

1999-09-14 15:14:39
Subject: ADSM - Backup stops on File failures.
From: Vijay Havaralu <vhavaralu AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:14:39 -0400
Hello everyone,

We are having ADSM  ver 3.1.0.3 (and higher also) NT 4.0 client version (with
MVS adsm server 3.1)
found to stop backup on file errors,  in cases of

1.  File name is > 256 bytes (coming from Internet explorer favourites setting).
     We haven't checked yet with 3.1.0.7, supposed to have fixed it.
2.  When file is corrupted (name exists in directory, but typing file gives
"file or directory is corrupted".
     This file could not be deleted/renamed by NT commands; but can be used
chkdsk to remove/fix it.

In these cases ADSM backups fails, and also we tried to exclude file/directory
in dsm.opt include/exclude list.   But these files are never skipped in backup,
and backup stops without copying
the rest of good directory or files coming next in the order to backup.

I appreciate, if any one has quick remedies on such cases; as it is occurring
quite often and on
several clients.

Vijay.