ADSM-L

Re: Labels in shared 3494

1999-09-13 21:56:50
Subject: Re: Labels in shared 3494
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:56:50 EST
Hi from Brazil, Alexandre !!!

>Hy guys !
>I have an 3494 library equiped with six 3590 drives.
>This library is shared between a Mainframe and my ADSM for NT.
>The mainframe has 4 of the six drives and the ADSM, the other 2 drives.
>My main problem is : How do I label my tapes ? Once I insert then into
>the bulk,
>the gripper picks up the tape as stores it into de library ! I do not
>want to label the mainframe tapes that are already into the library
>(search=yes).

Use different tape category ranges for your NT server. There is a redbook
about it : Partitioning and Sharing 3494. This is a Partiotining situation.
All information needed is in the redbook.

> I know that this library is capable of distinguing between
>ADSM tapes and Mainframe tapes, using the private and scratch category
>that i defined with the library.

On ADSM, define a diferent Private and Scratch catagory number than the one
the mainframe uses.

When you first insert tapes on the 3494, they are FF00. Query the inventory
and set the catagory number to the one you want for your ADSM scratch
volumes. Now ADSM can address, and your mainframe can't.

I don't know about NT. On AIX I used mtlib in a shell-script.

Good luck !

Rodrigo Gazzaneo