ADSM-L

Labels in shared 3494

1999-09-13 19:34:02
Subject: Labels in shared 3494
From: Alexandre Bicas Caldeira <abicas AT SERVICE.COM DOT BR>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:34:02 -0300
Hy guys !

I have an 3494 library equiped with six 3590 drives.
This library is shared between a Mainframe and my ADSM for NT.
The mainframe has 4 of the six drives and the ADSM, the other 2 drives.
My main problem is : How do I label my tapes ? Once I insert then into
the bulk,
the gripper picks up the tape as stores it into de library ! I do not
want to label the mainframe tapes that are already into the library
(search=yes). I know that this library is capable of distinguing between
ADSM tapes and Mainframe tapes, using the private and scratch category
that i defined with the library.

Does anyone has experienced something like this ?!

Thaks all!

Alexandre Bicas Caldeira - abicas AT service.com DOT br
Service IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
   Sao Paulo:    (11) 3040-1960
                 Rua Helena, 280, Cj 1106
                 CEP 04552-050 - Sco Paulo - SP