ADSM-L

ADSM on Win 95

2015-10-04 17:39:21
Subject: ADSM on Win 95
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have a user who has ADSM installed in a subdirectory called PROGRAM FILES
on his Win 95 machine.
We can't get his ADSM Scheduler to work because the path specified in the
shortcut has double quotes in it, due to the space in PROGRAM FILES as a
directory name.
This is his shortcut:
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\IBM ADSM\DSMC.EXE" schedule -passw=xxxxxx
Anything outside the double quotes is ignored.
If we install ADSM in a subdirectory that has no spaces in it, the double
quotes are not needed, and we don't have a problem.
It used to work, something changed, and now we can't get it to work.  (I
don't know how it used to be working for him)
What does your shortcut target look like, for any of you that have spaces
in the directory path?
Thanks,
Julie