ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:39:21
Hello everyone.  Recently I had to bounce our ADSM server. Once
it was completely up, I ran a quick "archive"  just to make sure all
functionality is in order. The filesystem I archived took a lot longer
than normal to backup. I ran several test thereafter and the following
are the results:

filesystem1 elapsed time.
1st run - 4 minutes 0 sec
2nd run -  29 sec
3rd run -  32 sec
4th run -  26 sec
5th run -  28 sec <= ran this again after file system2

filesystem2 elapsed time.
1st run - 59 sec
2nd run - 13 sec

I also ran an archive backup on a different client and the situation is
the same.

I bounced the server a second time. Then ran the archive to see
if it does the same. The following is the result.

filesystem1 elapsed time.
1st run - 4 minutes 47 sec
2nd run - 20 sec

From the backup time above, it appears it takes longer to backup a
filesystem the first time after bouncing the server.  Any backup after
that runs faster. Has this always been the case?  Can someone shed
some light to this?

Angel

--openmail-part-0dfecc7b-00000001--