ADSM-L

Multiple Clients on one Unix Box

1999-09-13 08:14:11
Subject: Multiple Clients on one Unix Box
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:14:11 +0200
Ray,

        hold on a moment! What's your problem, network bandwith or elapsed time?
If it's network I doubt you'll obtain what you're looking for adding more
clients, you cannot squueze more data in pipe, unless you haven't enabled
the compression ... If it's elapsed time, then why don't you simply
launch more clients in background from the same schedule? Something like:

        dsmc a /file1 &
        dsmc a /file2 &

I hope this helps

Ciao