ADSM-L

Config of Tape storage pool

1999-09-13 04:02:21
Subject: Config of Tape storage pool
From: "Sharp, Chris" <chris.sharp AT PMSC.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:02:21 +0100
I have a tape storage pool using a IBM 3575 L06 which holds 60 tapes, all
working fine, using the scratch tapes to create the off site DR tapes. The
only problem I am running in to, is that the storage pool uses all but on of
the tapes up that are in the library, I have spare tapes, but it is running
out of scratch tapes without asking me for more.(I have set the max scratch
tapes to be more that the storage pool).

How do I register tapes with the library that are not stored in the library
and how do I get the system to ask for the tapes that are not stored in it.(
if I remove tapes that are in the pool, how do I remove them, and how does
the system ask for them back....)

Cheers in advance

Chriss.