ADSM-L

Re: Problem with ADSM

1999-09-08 05:06:38
Subject: Re: Problem with ADSM
From: Andreas Buser <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:06:38 +0200
Why don't  you use DELETIONEXIT    xxxxxxx?

This exit is intended to comunicate with the Tape-Managemant system f.e.
CA-1,DFRMM,TLMS etc.

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser
Abt. Informatik
Aeschengraben 21
4002 Basel
Switzerland

                    Stanislav
                    KESTER               An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <kester@ZELPO        Kopie:
                    .SK>                 Thema:  Problem with ADSM
                    Gesendet von:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    08.09.99
                    10:11
                    Bitte
                    antworten an
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hello all !

We have ADSM server 2.1 on VM/ESA 2.3.0 operating system. I have
following question:

For archive I have created archive storage pool, where is writing data
to cartridges. When I have several cartridges in this storage pool and I
remove any large archive, server is deleting cartridges, from where are
deleted all data. Therefore server has not know more these cartridges.

But operator is not informing about this and I (how administrator) must
this check and say to operator, that cartridges CAIX01 and CAIX02 (for
example) are deleted from storage pool.

I need, that these cartridges, when are empty (100% free) server do'nt
delete from storage pool. Is this possible ? When yes, how ?

Thanks for any answer.

Stano

| Zeleziarne Podbrezova a.s.    Ing. Stanislav KESTER     |
| Ironworks  Podbrezova         system engineer           |
| computer centre               mailto:kester AT zelpo DOT sk    |
| Kolkaren 35                   http://www.zelpo.sk       |
| 976 81 POBREZOVA              tel: +421-867-6452491     |
| Slovak Republic               fax: +421-867-6452402     |