ADSM-L

Re: DRM recover botches device configuration

1999-09-08 03:12:52
Subject: Re: DRM recover botches device configuration
From: Marc Layne <MLayne AT CAPETOWN.FGH.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:12:52 +0200
Hi John

I think what happened is that after you restored the database and logs
etc. the old definition for the tape library was still stored in the
database and it was this definition it was using not the definition
stored in the devconfig file. i.e. the databse you restored contained
all the old info. from the original system. We had a similar problem
when restoring to machine with a 3570 attached whereas the original
system had a 3575 attached to it with more drives.

ciao