ADSM-L

Re: Any Problems with ADSM V3.1.2.40.

1999-09-08 02:15:27
Subject: Re: Any Problems with ADSM V3.1.2.40.
From: Andreas Buser <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:15:27 +0200
One of our worst  "old" problems are hanging sessions. Since upgrade to
OO/390 2.6 and the including TCPIP, we have sessions in IDLEW-Status, where
the COMMTIMEOUT  (in our case 900 seconds) does not take effect. But we are
not even able to cancel sessions in this status. To me it seems that ADSM
needs a "Interupt" on the client before the CANCEL SESSION-Cmd works. These
hanging  sessions seem even to prevent the setback of the RECOVERY-Log
after  DB-BAckup.

One of the other worst  "old" problems is the performance of the DB, during
searches where -INACTIVE FILES in combination with -SUB=YES are done. This
is especialy the case with GUI and even  worse with the WEB-Client.

But the enhancement with the EXPIRE INVENTORY with the the new
DURATION-parm ist a big reliif for us.

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser