ADSM-L

installing a second automated library

1999-09-06 08:08:12
Subject: installing a second automated library
From: "Grendelman M. (Martijn)" <Martijn.Grendelman AT NL.FORTIS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 14:08:12 +0200
Hi all,

We recently acquired a new 3575 library for our ADSM server and we are about
to start the process of redefining all our device classes, storage pools,
etc.

Our old configuration featured one library called 3575LIB, with a couple of
primary storage pools, TAPE_AIX, TAPE_NT, etc. and a copy storage pool
called COPYPOOL. We now want to move some of our primary pools to the second
library and define a separate copy storage pool for that library. This gives
us two major issues to deal with:

How can we move all the data in a storage pool from one libary to the
other? I know the MOVE DATA command, but I'd rather check out the tapes and
check them into the second library, because this would be a zillion times
faster. Is this possible? If yes, how?
Our naming conventions are based on one ADSM server with one library. The
second library is now here and more ADSM servers might appear in the future.
This means we want to rename a lot of things in ADSM, like device classes,
libraries and storage pools (disk, tape and copy storage pools) to keep
things understandable. What's the easiest way to do all this?

Please let me know if you need more info to answer my questions.

Thanx in advance,
Martijn Grendelman.