ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:39:21
David,

      Thank you for your help. Now at least I know where to start.
      50 could be the magic number.

Angel
   -----Original Message-----
   From:       bohm [SMTP:bohm AT US.IBM DOT COM]
   Sent:       Wednesday, September 01, 1999 11:39 AM
   To:         ADSM-L
   Cc:         bohm
   Subject:    Re: Server crashed - BUF043.

   vmtune is in the bos.adt.samples fileset.  As far as what is an
   optimal
   number you might need to get some assistance from the ADSM
   performance team.  For the specific case I was working on the
   default value for that installation was 80.  By lowering this value
   50 it resolved the problem of not being able to keep up with flushing
   the dirty pages.  The recommendation itself came from the
   performance group.

   In addition, if you do change the value it only lasts until the next
   reboot.  You will have to put it in inittab to make the change
   with each reboot.

   David Bohm
   ADSM server development
   (520) 799-5082 T/L 321-5082