ADSM-L

Re: Backup ORACLE DB offline

1999-09-03 12:58:07
Subject: Re: Backup ORACLE DB offline
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:58:07 -0400
Our DBA's are very good to us.  They are very orderly people, who
rigorously put the OS, the applications, and the data on separate
mount points.  This allows us not to screw around with with multiple
stanzas in our dsm.sys files, now with Oracle file/directories in
our include/exclude files.

Rather, we can define two schedules: BASIC and ORABACK.  BASIC is
defined on the objects "/ /export/packages", and ORABACK is defined
on the objects "/export/data1 /export/data2 ...".

FWIW,
Rich

At 05:06 PM 9/2/99 +0200, Thomas Rupp wrote:
>Hi ADSM-ers,
>
>Once a week our database guy wants me to do an offline backup of his ORACLE
>8
>databases running on our AIX 4.3 server. During the week we use the ADSM
>ConnectAgent.
>On Monday to Thursday the database files should be excluded from backup, on
>Friday
>I have to shutdown the database and include these files in the backup.
>
>I would like to define a different NODE with a different INCLEXCL file. But
>so far I was not
>successful.
>I'm not very familiar with AIX (and ADSM on AIX) so I would very much like
>to know how you
>do your weekly offline backups.
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Kind regards
>Thomas Rupp
>Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
>MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at
>TEL:    ++43/5574/4991-251
>FAX:    ++43/5574/4991-820-8251

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203