ADSM-L

Re: v3 client with v2 server?

1999-09-02 14:08:08
Subject: Re: v3 client with v2 server?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:08:08 -0400
I haven't specifically tried it with a solaris client, but I believe the
documentation states that you can run any V2 client with any V3 server, and
any V3 client with any V2 server.

I have been running V3 Windows and AIX clients to a V2 server on AIX for
about a year.

Just remember that you won't get all the V3 functions in the client until
you also ugrade the server.  Restartable restores, for instance, require
both V3 client and V3 server.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert