ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:39:20
Hi !

I'm going to administrate the following server-to-server-communication
environment (seems it will make lots of fun...):

Two so called cache-server with 64 GB disk pool.
One main-server with 128 GB disk pool connected to a 3494 (420 Tapes).

The clients are all registered at the cache-server.
The main server is not reachable from the enterprise network
only from the cache-server.
The cache-server migrate data to the main server.

Ist anyone experienced with the following problems
(they all handle with the long time archiving an storing tapes into a
safe place) ?

How can I handle tapes for archiving, where the data from the clients
should be checkout out of the library after archiving ? It all runs into
a single large archive pool on the main server.
My idea was to export nodes. But how do I store the data onto
dedicated tapes, if I only could access the disk-pool at the cache-server ?
Collocation does not work because the main server only knows the two
cache-server and has no idea of the "real" clients. So the data ist
pretty fragmented in the 3494-pool.

Thanx in advance,
Karsten