ADSM-L

Re: Netware 5

1999-09-01 18:56:33
Subject: Re: Netware 5
From: ADSM LIST <adsml AT MAILANDNEWS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 17:56:33 -0500
What the messages guide'll tell ya!

ANS1872E Unable to connect to NetWare target service 'server-name'. Make
sure the TSA NLM is loaded on the specified machine.

Explanation: ADSM interacts with the Target Service Agent (TSA) and the
connection cannot be made to the Netware server-name.
System Action: Processing stopped.
User Response: Ensure that the TSA is loaded and retry the ADSM command

Things to try...

Run an "load dsmc" and run some quick queries to see what information it is
prompting for, if any (Netware/ADSM passwords/ids), etc

Make sure the "server" address matches what's returned by "getipxad" on the
Server(SP2).
getipxad can be found in the server install dir (/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin).  If
you
can have your network people issue IPX Pings, do it between the two systems.

Make sure your machinename and/or nodename is set to the nodename registered
on the server.

Try running a "q tsa" to check to see ADSM is interacting
properly with the modules.

If you can run IP, try that....

Would have to see at least options file before commenting further.

ADSML