ADSM-L

Re: Archiving Files

1999-09-01 07:30:23
Subject: Re: Archiving Files
From: "Van Ruler, Ruud R SSI-TSEA-332" <Ruud.R.vanRuler AT IS.SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:30:23 +0200
Virginia

thanks.
another question:

We are on OS/390 ADSM server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.1 backing up NT,
AIX, SUN SOLA

the scheduler on the server side prompts the client scheduler ...
we have set up a schedule:
Policy Domain Name         STANDARD
         Schedule Name       DFSFARC_HOURLY_1200
         Description              backup online SAP db
         Action                     COMMAND
         Options                   -
         Objects                   /oracle/T10/sapbackup/.adatjgsq.

this object(script) contain the BRBACKUP pgm i.e. SAP external backup
program.
if i use this 'command' action together with objects field which management
class will be picked up ???
at this moment these online SAP db 'backups' go to the ARCHIVEPOOL.(there
mgmtclass relates to
a copygroup which has destination set to ARCHIVEPOOL)
i want those online SAP db backups to be directed to the backuppool .... but
how can i make sure
the appropriate managementclass from the server and not from the client is
used, in other words how can i overrule the clients mgmtclass ??

thanks.

             Ruud van Ruler
Shell Services International BV - TSEA-332
Our Data Storage Management home page:
http://sww-os390a.is.shell.nl/dstorage/
> Room 2A/D07
> Dokter van Zeelandstraat 1, 2285 BD Leidschendam NL
Tel : 070 - 3034644  /  Fax : 070 - 3034012
Email Internet: ruud.r.vanruler AT is.shell DOT com
                          r_van_ruler AT compuserve DOT com
Email X400:/S=vanRuler /I=R /C=GB /A=GOLD /P=Shell /O=IS

                                                            R.vanRuler